The Weekly Harmer

0

Written on 6:53 AM by Jim Harmer

It's been a great week.


Emily's mom came up this week to help us with Ruger. She was a BIG help and having her here allowed Emily to rest up and me to keep up with school. The ward is bringing us dinners this week. We've had lots of help. He's been pretty good and sleeps a lot. The only trouble is that Ruger thinks 10PM is time to wake up and yell at the top of his lungs. Fortunately, he tires of this game by about 1AM.


I've been taking pictures for the school newspaper this semester. It's been really fun because it gets me out doing things. This week I photographed the annual pond skimming event. It was HILARIOUS! They built a huge pool at the bottom of a steep hill and students would ski down and skim across (some just splashed into) the pool. The colored lights they had out for the event made the pictures really look cool.



Both people who were supposed to write my letters of recommendation for law school forgot to send in the LSAC form with their letters, so they were returned. I paid $17.50 per letter to overnight the letters when I found out. WHY IS IT SO MUCH TO OVERNIGHT MAIL SOMETHING!?!? I thought it would be like $3. Because of the delay, we probably won't start hearing back from schools for a while, but we're getting quite anxious.


Emily and I went out for a date on Friday night to a little sandwich shop. Everyone in my English class raved about it, so we decided to give it a try. It was TERRIBLE! The girl who served us was OBVIOUSLY on drugs. She was totally stoned. She asked us our order, forgot, asked again, forgot, and then asked a third time. Then she went and mopped the floor, forgot she had mopped it, so she came back 30 seconds later and mopped it again. Then, Emily went up to order another drink and the girl kept saying, "OH. Why does my head hurt so much? Ouch." Wow. It was an experience. I don't think we'll be returning. The place is called The Sandwich Tree in Idaho Falls.


On all of the podcasts I listen to, everyone was predicting some kind of technological disaster. With Google going down for an hour last week, many of them were talking about the risk of relying on one search engine alone. Kind of scary, but I still love Google. When they roll out the G-Drive, I'm buying a net book.


My 22 credits is being a little crazy, but I'm surviving. Only 8 weeks until I graduate.


I'm reading a book called Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. It's really interesting. Have any of you read it?

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment