Winter

4

Written on 4:00 PM by Jim Harmer

Winter has definitely come to Rexburg. The leaves are almost all gone from the trees and we have to scrape our windows each morning. The picture is looking out from our back porch.

We were really blessed this week. Neither of us are working this semester so that Emily can take it easy with the baby on the way and so that I can focus on the LSAT. It's been great, but we were worried about money for next semester. This week I applied for a position with the safety council at the school as their Advertising Director and I got a call from the Dean the next morning asking me to be the president of the organization (which I hadn't applied for). So, it will give me a full tuition scholarship. We were sure relieved. We really didn't want to take out a student loan.

Emily and I have been looking like crazy for baby stuff. We spent the whole day yesterday shopping around. Emily has entered the highly uncomfortable stage of her pregnancy.

We've been looking at law schools a lot. It's sure a big decision.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

4 Comments

  1. Brandon and Jenni |

    Okay...This isn't a winter comment. It's a HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY comment!!!! I haven't talked to you forever Em, but I want you to know that I love you and hope you are having a great birthday!!! Congrats on the baby too. :) It has been too long. Love you!!!

     
  2. Serenity |

    Hey congrats Jim with being the president of the safety council! That's awesome! You must be a pretty awesome guy (not that I didn't already think so)

    But I really had ulterior motives for posting... HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!! And no, I am not just saying that because Jenni did :) wow Em! are you 21? I always think older, but you're Derek's age right? That's crazy!! I hope you are doing well and everything is going well with your pregnancy!! You guys deserve it!! Have a great day! Happy Birthday!

     
  3. Serenity |

    ps that is an awesome picture!!

     
  4. Kam |

    Wow! You guys have a gorgeous view from your back porch. I'm so serious!! And what a great picture.

    I second Jenni's wish that Emily had a happy birthday. Not sure I knew it was in Nov, but now I do!

    Also, that sounds like such a blessing to have Jim's scholarship just land in your laps like that! (Sorry, Jim, I know we've never met ... I'm yet another Phelps cousin, older than Jessica). Anyway, ounds like you guys are keeping really busy with school. Hope you don't mind me occasionally snooping on your blog -- you know Emily is one of my mom's favorites, right?

     

Post a Comment